Scarritt Bennett Center is located in the historic midtown area, right off Music Row and next to Vanderbilt University. The campus, which is listed on the National Historic Registry, is within walking distance of dozens of restaurants, music venues, and famous Nashville attractions. The campus is also a 5-minute walk to a bus stop, easily accessible via a cab/Lyft/Uber, a 5-minute drive from downtown Nashville, and a 15-minute drive from the Nashville International Airport.
Participants of all ages, levels, interests, and tastes welcome!
Rodney Crowell’s It Starts With A Song is an event for songwriters, players, lyricists, and music-lovers of all ages, levels, interests, and tastes! Please join us for 4 days and nights of songwriting, singing, and collaborating with our incredible ensemble of talent.
Our environments are non-competitive and are solely about immersing oneself in the joys of music and our lovely surroundings! When you register for It Starts With A Song you get:
- Performances every evening by our incredible instructors
- Intimate breakout sessions led by our team of singer-songwriters including David Baerwald, Matraca Berg, Beth Nielsen Chapman, Mike Reid, and Lera Lynn.
- Master sessions with our Special guests: Rosanne Cash & John Leventhal, Patty Griffin, and Neko Case.
- Learn from the top producers every day, all day. The experience that both Tony Brown (Reba McEntire, Trisha Yearwood, George Strait, Steve Earle, Lyle Lovett, Vince Gill, Wynonna to name a few) and Paul Worley (Dixie Chicks, Lady Antebellum, Big & Rich, Mariana McBride to name a few) have is incomparable.
- Open mics every night
- Enjoy great food, company, and collaboration daily!
Rodney Crowell and Dreamcatcher Events respectfully ask all participants to be fully vaccinated or tested for COVID before attending.